Snapcart Philippines; SCAM or LEGIT?


I've been planning to write something about this topic since the beginning of my journey with this mobile application called Snapcart PH yet I want to make sure that I'm scratching my own itch and be able to give an honest review.

This app popped out on my Instagram dashboard. At first, it was just an sponsored post and to me, it isn't worth looking at. But then few months after (yep, few months!), I saw one of my blogger friend, a mom, posted about this and that she got money from it. Then I looked for reviews and write ups. And since I had enough information, I downloaded it for free and joined those thousands using it. Snapcart Philippines was launched last August 2016.




What does Snapcart do? Snapcart is a mobile application that gives rewards and cashbacks to shoppers when they snap a photo of their grocery receipts. Shoppers can earn more when they participate in bonus features in the app including fill in surveys and watch videos. -source

So then I started keeping receipts and sometimes, I ask my boyfriend for his receipt when we go shopping. It was to test if this platform is worth considering and can be recommended. This experiment lasted for four months, slower than what I've expected.

Here are some pages of Snapcart that I find essential.

Dashboard

The dashboard. Upon opening the app, this is the first thing you'll see on your gadget. Your status, your balance and the snap button to capture your receipts. Obviously, this is my personal favorite. After taking pictures, I can see here immediately if my receipt was approved or not because the balance increases or stays the same.

Notification

When I notice that the amount in my balance increases, this is the next page I'm into, the notification page. It shows the amount you had from your recent receipt snaps. And if ever your receipt got rejected, you can also see here the reason why.

History

And in case your receipt got rejected, but you think it should NOT be rejected, you need to check your ID and send a message to their customer support. Rejection can be avoided. Just make sure that you snapped your receipt as clear as possible and as complete as possible (that means from top to bottom). There are some cases that my snaps are unreasonably rejected. That's no problem, I just report them with the ID number and they give me cashback after. Just be patient when talking to them. It take them some time before they reply to an inquiry. The longest one I had was four days.

Help Center

Since I started using the app, I never had a week that I did not snap a receipt. This is part of the experiment, until when will I be able to finally cashout. But then when they added a new feature, like the redemption of load, I was able to use it twice. Minimum amount was Php50 but you need to have atleast Php55 in your balance. My other bank redemption was a success too! I linked my BPI account and they deposited it on my account after 15 business days. Yep. That's a long time. It says in the app that the maximum days of waiting is up to 7 days only. But no, don't be mislead. I needed to follow up mine everyday after that 7 days and then I finally had my cashout. Waiting game, they say.

Warning

This last picture is what I hate the most. I was banned and I won't be able to cashout unless they removed my account from being warned. The worse case is being blocked, meaning, I won't be able to snap again with the account I am using. But I did not panic. Few days after, the warning was removed and I received an email stating "The system mistakenly flagged users who are not supposed to be warned." Apologizing for the mistake that happened, they even send cashback compensation. Awesome!




Verdict:


The application is user friendly. I personally like the color, hey it's blue! Don't blame me. :D There are also games and surveys that can add points which can add cash. The customer support was kind to answer all my questions but they took a lot of time. Cashout takes time too. Instead of 7 business days, it was 15 business days for me, and a month for others. This experiment went well for the past months. It was a good source of extra money if you have time and patience. You can try it for yourself if you may. Happy snapping!

Additional Information:
Use a Google Account registered in the Philippines, otherwise it will not work.

51 comments:

  1. Wow, very useful. How come I don't get sponsored content or targeted ads like this one? Puro gastos yung ads ko. Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping Ochi. This is not a sponsored post. This is solely my review about this app. However, I do have some and they are located here -> Tag: Sponsored Post PR staffs just contact me through email. I don't have an idea how they reach my blog, but it is nice since it gives me few cash.

      Delete
  2. Interesting! Kaso parang nakakaadik magshopping kapag ganito hahaha!

    xx jhanzey.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i think thats not a problem. They only accept grocery shopping receipts.

      Delete
  3. Hi! May i ask how to link my BPI account on Snapcart? Im having a hard time figuring it out. Hope you can help. Thank you. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Charina, you cannot link your BPI account until you reached the minimum cashout amount of Php220. When you're ready to cashout, a form requesting for your bank account will then appear on the cashout page.

      Hope this helps. Thank you for dropping!

      Delete
  4. i can no longer access my snapcart. hanggang sa intro page lang sya..😞😞

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hindi ko pa din maopen ang snapcart apps ko sa phone😭

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dont waste your time, they will not pay you. I requested a 55 phone credit cashout which said was completed. I never received the credits, and when asking in support they just refunded the 55 rater than credit my phone. And now they have removed my option to request the 55 phone credit cashout. My options now are the 305 and 505 cashout. They must think im dumb enough to actually go for the next cashout option which ofcouse they will not credit aswell once i try. Scam..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's sad to hear Sir. I had 2 bank cashouts and some phone credit cashout and they always go smoothly. And I noticed also that their processes doesnt take that much time anymore.

      Delete
    2. Hey, how long does it takes to cash out through phone credit?. Is it automatically adds to your load balance in your phone.?.
      Please respect my inquiry

      Delete
    3. Hi Irene, I usually receive mine within minutes. There's be a notification message sent to Inbox like a regular pasaload message

      Delete
  7. Ibe heard about apps like these before but always wondered if they actually worked. Thanks for the information, might give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hmmmmm.. this is interesting.. maybe I should give it a try.. thanks for sharing.. :) www.mackybenj.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. There's similar apps I use occasionally. Time consuming though. This is pretty neat though

    ReplyDelete
  10. 15 days is a long time. You're so patient on this. But at least you got a cash out, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now this is an app I'd use... but not in Philippines... USA kid here :-(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thinking of.. "anong gagawin ng Snapcart with these receipt photos?" the whole time I was reading this. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They will use these receipt to study the trend of the industry on what most of the people shop at grocery based on age brackets. They are a marketing team.

      Delete
  13. I started snapping last week. Since you've tried it for quite some time already (and you said that CS takes awhile to answer), I might as well ask you (in case you know it).
    I do not see the option to cash out. Well, I mean I see it, I just do not have the payment method options (bank, money xfer, etc). Could it be because I logged in using my fb account or because I only have P30 for now? Would u know, by any chance? Thanks in advance

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cash out option will not show unless you reached the minimum to cash out of atleast 55php.
      Hope this will help you.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Irene for that. Yes, the button only shows up once you reach the minimum,
      Php55 for phone credit and Php250 for bank transfer.

      Delete
  14. I cashed out php1220 3weeks ago. Still no money was deposited on my bank account and im beginning to think it is a scam until i read your post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoa. That's a lot of cashout. I think it is better to cash your money out little by little. Since receipt has a chance of being rejected, I think cashout plays the same. But let's hope that it will not be that way.

      Delete
  15. Hi.. I'm having problems now with cash out. This is my first time to try cashing out for phone credits. It was automatically deducted from my balance but the load hasn't arrived yet 😒. Gladly I was able to screen shot each step while it process the cash out. At least I have my evidence when I contact the CS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It happened to me once too. Smart had a problem that time, which I am not aware of. They deducted the amount on my balance and upon seeing that, I panicked, messaging them that the load didn't reached me. They told asked me details about the cashout but after few minutes, my balance came back. It's better if you will message the CS asap, and tell them what happened.

      Delete
  16. Hi, how long bago na lift yung ban? Ganyan din issue ng account ko. Just saw it now pero wala pa rin naman akong nareceive na email from them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I think it was five to six days before they finally removed that red flag. But it was a mistake and some of my friends had the same problem. If it will lapse to a week, you need to tell them it was a mistake banning you.

      Delete
  17. Hi! just want to ask po if any banks will do pag mag cacash out? Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not have a sure answer for this question, sorry po, but both my BPI and UnionBank worked.

      Delete
  18. nagdownload ako ng snapcart na app from.playstore..pero indonesian siya..paano po ba makuha ang snapcart ph? pls respect my inquiries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I am an android user too po and there's only one Snapcart app at playstore. It has a name of "Snapcart - Snap Receipt, Get Cashback!" Make sure to use an email created in the Philippines, otherwise it will not work (can't download).

      Delete
    2. what donu mean email crrated in the philippines? is gmail valid for this?

      Delete
    3. Yes, gmail is valid. What I mean is, an email account created abroad po. It will not work if you created an account when you were abroad and still, you're using it here in the Philippines. My friends have US created emails and those emails wont work.

      Delete
  19. Hello! I love reading your blog, this one is so helpful!!
    Anyway, Pwede ho kayang mag cashout kahit walang bank account? Kase nasa verge na ako ng pwede na i cashout yung amount, pwede ho kaya yun?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading my blog Myxiloger! Now, if you want to cash out your earnings,
      but no bank account, you can claim it as cellular load. There are only 2 ways po to redeem, load or bank transfer.

      Delete
  20. How long ang warning period? Daily dn kae ko snap and di daw normal shopping behavior yun. Mg iisang bwan n di ako mkacash out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Warning period depends po. You should contact their CS with regards to your concern.

      Delete
  21. hi, i just want to ask how this works. does the receipt need to carry your name on it? i mean, if you use a credit card, how about if i used cash transactions? thanks thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, it doesn't matter if your receipt bears your name or not. I always snap 7 Eleven receipts and it works fine. Just take pictures of the receipt of the items that you bought (not the receipt transaction of your credit card).

      Delete
  22. i'm trying to cash out for the first time but i can no longer find the option for bank transfer. The option i can see is one icon for "Bank Transfer & Phone Credit" and another icon for zalora voucher. but when i click on the first one, it only directs me to an option for phone credit...hmmm dati nung tinitesting ko pumunta sa cashout na page, nakita ko pa yung option nung bank transfer... anybody who would know whats going on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cash out option will not show unless you reached the minimum to cash out of atleast 55php while bank transfer is Php220.

      Delete
    2. And make sure that your application is updated, I am using Version 9.0.5 at the moment.

      Delete
  23. This is a scam.I have been warned for almost 2 weeks now.they said my shopping behavior is not normal.and would not let me cash out my earnings.and they are telling me that they dont know when will the system remove my warning.but they still want me to upload receipts.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Replies
    1. Snapcart accepts grocery, cosmetics, drug/pharmacy and fresh food receipts.

      Delete
  25. Hello, iphone user here too. Trick is to download using ur phone data and to use the app only using your phone data for the first few days. XD just create a new account in the ph app after DL. I had 10 receipts rejected in the indo app before i realized my mistake. How do u know ur app is now the ph app?? May option to choose philippines as a country. :P

    ReplyDelete
  26. They are becoming a scammer nowadays, if they aren't one already.

    They will warn their subscribers for no valid reason. They'd say that you are not following "a normal shopper behaviour" and will gave you a warning which will last until they say so. Who in the world dictates what a "normal shopping behaviour" is? What if you have the means to buy things, or if the store is right next to your house? Wouldn't it be normal to use common sense to buy things that you need at the time that you'd need them? Or to buy at a store where it is most convenient to you? That's why it's called a convenient store, for Pete's sake! And that's also why you'd see 7-11s popping up at every corner here in Manila.

    They have also removed options to cash out on most of their subscribers. Mine included. Maybe this only happens to those accounts that they see would get a high amount of cash out.

    Don't you even get to that point where you'd expect that you can rely on their Customer Service Reps. They're senseless and stupid. Especially, this sick robot called Basha.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hanggang ilang araw po para malaman kung accepted yung receipt???

    ReplyDelete